Monday, July 26, 2010

Chewy Ginger Cookies

Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to bake some cookies for Greg's lunch tomorrow.  I found the recipe in "The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook" by Kitty and Lucian Maynard.  The cookies were so good that I decided to put the recipe on my blog before I went to bed!



Chewy Ginger Cookies

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup slightly chilled margarine
3/4 cup vegetable shortening
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tsp. baking soda

1.  Using a fork, cream together margarine, shortening, and sugar in a large bowl.
2.  Stir in eggs and molasses.  Set aside.
3.  Sift together dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture. Stir until mixed.
4.  Using a medium size cookie scoop create walnut size balls of dough.
5.  Roll into sugar and place balls on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
6.  Bake in a 350' F oven for approximately 8-10 minutes or until crinkled and brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment