Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mustard Apricot Pork Chops

Tonight I tried a new recipe and I am very pleased with the taste.  My resource was "The Diabetic Four Ingredient Cookbook." ( As a food teacher I find that some of my students are diabetic, so I had this cookbook in my bookshelf.)  The menu for tonight was Mustard Apricot Pork Chops, Boiled Red Potatoes, Steamed Green Bean, Cucumbers with Salad Vinegar, and a Lettuce Salad.  Let me know if you try this recipe on a grill...it should be good!  Yum!


Mustard Apricot Pork Chops

1/3 cup light apricot preserves (I like Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricot)
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
4 pork chops
2 chopped, green onions including stems

1.  Combine preserves and mustard in a small saucepan.  Heat on low and stir until the preserves are melted.  Set aside.

2.  Place chops in a frying pan on a higher temperature and cook, for 2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.  Do not overcook.  (If your pork chops are thin, you can omit this step.)

3.  Next, place chops on a broiling pan or iron platter and broil for 5 minutes.  Brush chops with half of the glaze and turn.  Broil 5 minutes longer.

4.  Turn and brush with remaining glaze.  Broil 2 minutes or until the pork chops reach 160'F.

5.  Garnish with green onions before serving.





No comments:

Post a Comment