Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Autumn Soup

Can't believe I found this recipe!  When the boys were little (They are in their 30's now.) I joined a recipe club.  Each month I would receive recipe cards that fit into a yellow plastic container.  Many of the recipes became family favorites, but sadly I lost my Autumn Soup recipe.  Today I was going through a box of files from the past and there is was...my long lost recipe!!!

Autumn Soup

1 lb. ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
4 cups water
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 cup cubed potatoes
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. bottled Brown Bouquet Sauce
1 tsp. pepper
1 bay leaf
1/8 tsp. basil

In a large saucepan, cook and stir meat until brown.  Drain off fat.  Cook and stir onions with meat until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.  Stir in remaining ingredients; heat to boiling.  Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.  6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment